Thursday, December 1, 2011

Boxers or Briefs?

Men Show Your True Colors
Denise Turner, ASID, CID, CMG
Color Turners

As an international color and design trend forecaster, it’s always fun to find color hidden in unexpected places. I’ve often thought that my male European counterparts looked so sophisticated in their black and gray attire and that although it might be fine for them, I would never be able to live in those shadow colors. Well…they can’t either and their secret is out!

Believing that there are no mistakes and that everything happens for a reason I managed to end up in the men’s underwear section in Sokos, a must-see department store in Helsinki. Now this isn’t such a far stretch, sense I shop for the men in my life and research men’s neckties for color trends.

Much to my surprise, the classic colorless, boring boxers and briefs that fill my laundry basket at home were nowhere to be found. Instead, the shelves were full of fun, colorful whimsical underwear. Oh sure, I’ve seen brightly colored underwear for the guys before, but they were the cartoon superheroe chonies when my son was three-years-old (sorry Austin). These designs look more like swim trunks, than men’s intimate attire. Women have always dominated the flashy lingerie market. Welcome men.


Here are a couple examples:
http://www.bjornborg.com/
http://www.diesel.com/freshandbright/

So the next time you see a European man dressed in tints and shades of gray, don’t feel sorry for him. Just smile, because you know his colorful little secret.

Color Turners-Turns The Art Of Color Into Profit
We help businesses and manufacturers make the best decisions where color choices are critical. By providing accurate and tangible ways to significantly reduce your business and manufacturing risks and turn that knowledge into increased sales and customer satisfaction.
http://www.colorturners.com/


denise@colorturners.com









No comments:

Post a Comment